As a mission-driven organization, our board of directors and staff are passionate about making a difference. We are continually evaluating and innovating our programs to make tremendous impact upon the community.
Empowering parents will focus on providing necessary services in hopes of eradicating violence and child abuse in Jackson County and the surrounding areas. We provide transportation, education, training and community resources. The services are provided in a safe environment. Below is a list of our comprehensive services
• Supervised visitation
• Parenting classes
• Therapeutically supervised visits by mastered level therapist
• Bonding Assessments
• Anger management assessments and classes
• Batterer's Intervention Assessments and classes
• Life Skills for parents (resume writing, professional skill building, budgeting) and parent Self care
Families that come through our program and services show marked improved:
• Improve parenting skills
• Increase their understanding of child development
• Have children with better behavior
• Enhance family communication
• Learn to effectively problem solve
• Develop a sense of self-sufficiency
• Handle stress more successfully
• Develop support systems
• Gain confidence and pride in being a healthy family unit
• And much more!!!!
Empowering Parents is a non-profit Corporation under Missouri state laws and developed and managed by Lisa Erickson LCSW and Nicholas Bracken LCSW.